How Do Bifold Closet Doors Work?If you’re looking for closet doors to enhance the look of a closet, consider the sleek look and space-saving characteristics of bifold closet doors. These accordion-style folding closet doors are a great way to keep your stored items out of sight but readily accessible. Bifold closet doors open and close smoothly because:
- Each panel is paired to another panel.
- They pull outward from a central pivot hinge.
- They’re mounted on the sides of a closet’s opening.
- They’re fitted to runners so they can seamlessly slide open.
- When you open bifold closet doors, you have access to the entire closet, not just part of it.
- They require less room or floor space than swinging closet doors.
- They’re usually lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- They’re an inexpensive choice in closet doors, so they’re a good option if you’re on a tight budget.
- They maximize the amount of closet space you’re able to access when the doors are open.
- They’re ideal for tight spaces.
- They can be customized to fit any size closet.
What Materials Are Bifold Closet Doors Made of?You have many choices when it comes to ordering your bifold closet doors. The type of material your Muretti designer recommends is based on the aesthetics of the room where the closet’s located. Other factors include who’ll use the closet and how they’ll use it. You always receive the highest-grade materials from the Italian craftspeople. Common materials used for folding closet doors include: