Not all bathrooms are created equal. You may have experienced dramatic golden restrooms that seem more artistic than functional and drab gray spaces with few frills that are only there to serve a purpose. When it’s time for a bathroom makeover, consult with the exceptional bathroom design team at New York City-based Muretti. You get color recommendations that suit your tastes and your lifestyle. With Muretti on your team, you can create the kind of bathroom that you appreciate for both its functionality and its aesthetics. Call for a consultation before you choose the colors for your bathroom.
How Do I Choose Bathroom Colors?
Bathroom colors do more than contribute to the overall look and feel of your bathroom; the color of the bathroom says a lot about the home it’s in. To reach a pleasing decision that reflects well on you, ask a professional bathroom designer. Your choice depends on a number of factors. Your designer may ask:
- What bathroom size do you have to work with?
- What kind of bathroom style and atmosphere do you want to create?
- Are you hoping for a look that’s timeless or traditional?
- Do you prefer a luxury bathroom with rich accents and extra space?
- Are you trying to design a modern bathroom with clean lines and smart appliances?
- How’s the lighting? Do you have a lot of natural light or do you rely on artificial lights?
Colors often affect your mood. For example, red raises your energy level, while blue is calming. Simple changes in bathroom colors create a new energy within the room, so choose your bathroom colors carefully. When you work with the experts at New York City-based Muretti, you get the help you need to bring a bathroom concept to life. They make choosing your bathroom colors and designs easy and fun.
What Are the Best Bathroom Colors?
While you may have ideas of what makes the best bathroom colors, certain colors work best with any style of flooring or bathroom furniture. These neutral colors look clean, simple and polished, and they’re always a good choice. For a beautifully simple design, consider using muted colors such as:
Neutral bathrooms don’t always involve shades of white or beige. Don’t rule out designing your bathroom around medium to dark bathroom colors. Dark colors can give large rooms an intimate feeling. A black bathroom is a top choice if you’re going for an elegant look. Shades of gray or blue can give your bathroom an attractive look without being too bright.
What Are Some Good Bathroom Cabinet Colors?
Once you’ve chosen wall colors or a general palette, consider the bathroom cabinet colors. There are extensive color and style options for bathroom vanities and storage cabinets. Rely on the custom cabinets created by the talented Muretti artisans to fit your space and your colors perfectly. Some examples of cabinet colors include:
- Wood cabinets. Wood cabinets, whether finished or unfinished, painted or natural, are always a great choice, especially if you want a traditional look.
- Neutral cabinets. White or beige cabinets match any bathroom décor, especially if the whole bathroom theme is muted. Contrasting neutral cabinets with bright colors on floors, walls or countertops creates a striking effect.
- Solid colors. If you create your bathroom around a color theme — such as a blue bathroom, gray bathroom or black bathroom — find pleasing combinations to create varying degrees of contrast.
There are plenty of options to explore when it comes to bathroom cabinet colors. Lighter cabinet colors can help a small bathroom appear larger. Shade variations can create interest. Cabinet size matters too. Small, narrow or tall cabinets demand different levels of attention.
Where Can I Get Some Bathroom Color Ideas?
The ambience of your bathroom depends on the color, furniture, lighting and other details. If you don’t know where to start to plan your bathroom’s colors, consult the experienced Italian-inspired bathroom designers at Muretti. They’ll help you design the bathroom you’re envisioning. With decades of experience, the Muretti team provides recommendations on the best designs and colors to make the most of your space, whether you’re considering bathroom designs for a remodel or you need advice for new construction. Contact the Muretti team today to create your next bathroom.